I LOVE FRITTERS. I hope you do too! There’s is something about them that just make them so great. I love eating these fritters with a poached or fried egg on top with a kale and lemon side salad- soo good!!
Last weekend I decided I’d do some food prep as my partner and I were going to the Toowoomba swap meet and I knew by the time we’d get home I really wouldn’t feel like cooking. Having these Fritters cooked the day before made dinner and lunch the next so much more stress free! One of the things I love about these fritters is that they’re baked which makes them a whole lot less oily and means you don’t need to be standing around watching them while they cook, now that my kind of cooking!
- + 3 medium zucchinis (grated, placed in a bowl and excess water squeezed out)
- + 1 red onion (chopped)
- + 1 egg
- + 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- + 1 cup of almond meal
- + 1 tsp of cumin
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Saute the chopped onion and minced garlic in a pan with a small amount of oil. Once sauteed stir through the cumin and add some salt and pepper- set aside to cool.
- Grate the 3 zucchinis and place in a bowl. Take a small handful and squeeze as much water as you can from the zucchinis then place in a separate bowl. Once you've squeezed all the water from the zucchinis, add all the ingredients and stir through until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and scoop a handful of the fritter mixture and place on the tray and make a patty shape. Continue to lay your fritters out on your tray giving them enough space between them. Once you're finished with your fritters lightly spray the top with rice bran oil spray so they can get a nice brown top.
- Cook for 15-30 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending how large you made your fritters as well as how much water you managed to squeeze of of the grated zucchinis
See what wholesome eating & living looks like on Instagram @thewholesomebody
The Wholesome Body Copyright © 2018
- Yoga Classes Brisbane -
- Vinyasa Yoga -
- MOVE - NOURISH - GROW -