I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!! This muggy hot Brisbane summer has me in the mood for all sorts of delicious cold treats. These Choc Peanut Banana Pops are a great way to enjoy a nice cold treat without consuming too much sugar and unwanted ingredients! Gluten free, Dairy free and refined sugar free, these ice creams are sure to hit the spot!
+ 5 frozen bananas
+ 1 tsp of vanilla extract
+ 1/2 block of Loving Earth milk chocolate
+ 1/4 cup of peanut butter
+ 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts
” CHOC PEANUT BANANA POPS – ICE CREAMS THAT TASTE SO GOOD YOU WON’T BELIEVE THAT THEY’RE HEALTHY”
- Add the frozen bananas, peanut butter and vanilla extract into your vitamix/blender/food processor and blend away until you get a smooth consistency. Depending on your blender you may need to add in a small amount of chosen milk/nut milk to get a smooth ice cream texture.
- Pour the banana ice cream mixture into ice cream moulds and place in the freezer overnight. Meanwhile you can chop the peanuts as small/chunky as you prefer and place into a container overnight (this makes it easier when you assemble your ice creams the next day).
- Remove the Ice creams from the freezer and place under warm water to loosen the ice creams – (this helps them come out nice and smoothly as oppose to just ended up the ice cream stick in your hand and the ice cream stuck in the mould ! ).
- Place the half a block of Loving Earth Milk chocolate into a microwave proof bowl and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Using a baking tray of choice that will fit into your freezer, line the tray with baking paper and place ice creams on top.
- Using a spoon pour the melted chocolate onto your ice creams and sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top – (I found by doing each ice cream one at a time was easier as the chocolate sets rather quickly!). Once you’ve finished assembling the melted chocolate and chopped peanuts onto your ice creams place in the freezer for 1-2 hours before serving.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, I'd love to see what variations you're creating!
They're are so many fab combos you can make so don't forget to hashtag #thewholesomebody #TWB so I can see your beautiful creations!
See what wholesome eating & living looks like on Instagram @thewholesomebody
The Wholesome Body Copyright © 2018
- Yoga Classes Brisbane -
- Vinyasa Yoga -
- MOVE - NOURISH - GROW -