Fluffy pancakes that won’t leave you bloated and fuel you with complex carbohydrates and adequate protein to start your day- That’s my kind of pancake! This pancake recipe is from Ambitious Kitchens, when you find a good recipe from a fellow blogger, nothing feels better then recreating and sharing the recipe love for them! Every Sunday I love to cook a good breakfast for myself and my partner, he travels a lot for his job so any meal we get to spend together I always cherish. Cooking is the way I show my love and appreciation. Nothing makes me happier then packing a lunch/dinner for someone and knowing that it brings them less stress at lunch/dinner time and puts nourishing food in their stomach.
+ Quinoa is a complex carbohydrate that is gluten free and high in protein. It is also high in calcium, iron, pyridoxine (B6) and folic acid.
+ Almonds are high in protein, mono-unsaturated fatty acids, calcium and magnesium.
- 1 cup of quinoa flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Macadamia Oil for cooking
- 3/4 cup of Barambah Organic yoghurt
- 1 large banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- Almond butter (homemade or store bought)
- Heat a large pan on low to medium heat.
- Mix together your dry ingredients (baking soda, baking powder, quinoa flour).
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Lightly drizzle the macadamia oil into your fry pan and pour in the 1/2 cup measure of pancake. mix.
- Wait until bubbles form on the tops of your pancakes, then flip. Keep cooking away until your finished with the batter.
- Slice an extra banana to go on top your pancakes.
- Use 1/2 measuring cup to to pour out your pancakes allows them to be the perfect size each time.
- Serve with homemade or store bought almond butter.
- Quinoa flour is much more delicate than other gluten free flours- Make sure you wait until bubbles form on the top of your pancakes before flipping them.
See what wholesome eating & living looks like on Instagram @thewholesomebody
The Wholesome Body Copyright © 2018
- Yoga Classes Brisbane -
- Vinyasa Yoga -
- MOVE - NOURISH - GROW -