Frittata for me, is totally my lazy man meal. You can practically throw anything in and it will taste pretty scrumptious and clear out the last of the veggies in your fridge (who doesn’t love that!). Plus I’m always for the kind of cooking where I don’t have to watch and stand in front of my stove for too long- We have a small kitchen so it can really heat up quickly!
- 6 eggs
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 tsp of cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 5 stalks of kale (rinsed and chopped)
- Heat a large fry pan to medium heat.
- Dice your bacon, chop your onion and crush your garlic - add to your fry pan until sauteed.
- Rinse and roughly chop the stalks of kale and add to your fry pan until lightly wilted.
- Pour the kale sauteed mix into your choice of frittata baking dish- (I usually either halve it and make two smaller dishes, one for me and one for my partner or one large one for myself).
- Finely chop your capsicum and add to your baking dish. Roughly slice your zucchini and place in a layered fashion on top of your other ingredients.
- Whisk your eggs in a mixing and add some extra salt and pepper. Pour in the egg mixture to your frittata dish.
- Now peel and cut your sweet potato into medium sized slices and place on the very top of your frittata.
- Bake in the oven for at least 45 minutes to an hour. The cooking time will depend if you choose to steam your sweet potato first so it's half cooked. This is usually something I prefer to do so I know that the sweet potato will be cooked all the way through.
- You can easily make this frittata in a double batch if you have a larger dish or want to make two small dishes. I really like using the Tuscan kale because it's a flatter leaf and isn't as bitter! I also love to add mushrooms into my frittata which make a great addition for a plant based source of B12.
See what wholesome eating & living looks like on Instagram @thewholesomebody
The Wholesome Body Copyright © 2018
- Yoga Classes Brisbane -
- Vinyasa Yoga -
- MOVE - NOURISH - GROW -